Wesfarmers will only be sustainable as a corporation if, in addition to our continued financial success, we adequately address a range of other issues which are significant in their own right and ultimately influence financial outcomes.
We aim to operate our businesses in accordance with our 10 community and environmental impact principles:
- Safety and wellbeing: We maintain a relentless focus on providing safe workplaces.
- Development, diversity and inclusion: We strive to create an inclusive work environment, with particular attention to gender balance and the inclusion of Indigenous people. We provide opportunities for our team members to enhance their job performance and develop their careers.
- Supplier relationships: We commit to strong and respectful relationships with our suppliers.
- Ethical sourcing and human rights: We strive to source products in a responsible manner while working with suppliers to improve their social and environmental practices.
- Data and IT security: We are committed to protecting our customers privacy.
- Product quality and safety: We are committed to providing our customers with safe products.
- Economic and community contributions: We make a positive contribution to the communities in which we operate.
- Climate change resilience: We strive to reduce the emissions intensity of our businesses and improve their resilience to climate change.
- Waste, packaging and plastic: We strive to reduce our waste to landfill and improve packaging
- Governance: We maintain robust corporate governance policies in all our businesses.
Within this framework, each business has identified the key issues most relevant to its operations. Further information on our sustainability performance can be found here.